Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 am Post subject: Rebel Uniform
While I'm waiting for the weather to get a bit less cold and humid so I can do some sanding and priming of my rebel blaster, I'm starting on the uniform.
I decided to do a Fleet Trooper Uniform to start with.
I ordered a black BDU shirt and modified it for the vest. I also ordered the grey BDU pants, which don't need any modifications. The shirt I will address later. The helmet is on order from TK560. I'm still deciding on which boots to get.
Anyways... On to the pics.
Use a seam/stitch ripper to remove the collar cleanly.
Fold the fabric over and stitch for clean neck edge.
I cut the sleeves off leaving about an inch of extra material. I then double folded the extra inside the sleeve opening and stitched it with a simple whip stitch. I followed the existing stitching on the outside to make any new stitching less visible.
I also removed all the buttons, except the two in the back that are holding the waist tabs.
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Rebel Uniform
The fabric has arrived. I've already cut out the pieces and started sewing. I'm thinking that I really didn't need to go this far for a shirt, but I don't want cuffs on the sleeves. Unless you are already good at sewing and understand all the terminology, I'd get someone else to do it, or just use dress shirts.
I'm not even going to bother with step-by-step pics.. The Sarlac pit is looking pretty good right about now.
The helmet kit has arrived as well. I will show the process of assembling it when I start on it.
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:33 am Post subject: Re: Rebel Uniform
I wrapped up the helmet this weekend. I would like to paint it a glossy light grey, the typical color from ANH. The weather has turned back to cold and rainy, so I'll wait for the time being.
Here are the two visor pieces being test fit and aligned.
Here I'm aligning them to the helmet.
Chin cup and com box all trimmed and sanded.
Visor parts attached, aligning the neck protector.
I used a hardhat liner for support inside the helmet. I built stand-offs out of styrene and spaced them with 5mm foam from the craft store. Some industrial Velcro to hold the stand-offs in place. The blue tape is holding the liner tabs in place, but I used some low-temp hot glue to keep the tabs in place.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum