Anovos TK Armor Build
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Blaster Builders Club -> Models & Armor

#1: No icon Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:42 am
    —
Got my armor in some time around mid-May. Took a few more weeks for the body suit and gloves to arrive.

I've been busy with many projects but felt it was time to get started.

Here's the first pic of trimming pieces:

#2: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 am
    —
last of the pieces to be trimmed.

Going to a party with some 501st folks. I plan on taking pics and notes of how they attached the pieces.

#3: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 am
    —
Party was very helpful. Met some cool 501st folks who have done TK armor in the past. Everybody seemed to be working on clone or FO stuff these days.

Got some good notes and started gluing the pieces together.

#4: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:43 am
    —
Using magnets to hold the seam together while the glue sets.

#5: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 am
    —
Finally got my curved lexan scissors.. was able to trim off the return edge on the wrist end of the forearms.

#6: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am
    —
Getting the shins together. There going to be a lot of fitting for these.

#7: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:53 am
    —
Still working on the shins. They are difficult to fit and will need a hot water bath to ease tension.

I'll get into that on a later post.

This past weekend I added all the suspension for all the torso components.

I'll take pics of the inside later.

#8: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 am
    —
Here's the inside strapping. I just followed the instructions from the Anovos v2 assembly pdf.

Just waiting for the thighs to cure and I'll be finishing the strapping and harness system for the legs and arms.

I've also been using UKWRATH's build thread on FISD for tips and tricks.

I'm not trying for centurian level acceptance this time around. Want to finish everything, then make the changes.

#9: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:38 am
    —
Just a pic of the thighs clamped and curing.

so close to having this finished!

#10: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 am
    —
Final push!

#11: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:57 am
    —
Some last little details left to do, like fix the 2 upper holes on the belt where the holster attaches. Painting the rivet heads white. I'll be making a belt for holding up the thigh pieces, since the snap setup from the anovos instructions are tough to manage. Also need to tighten up the left thigh a bit and maybe trim the top edge to get them to sit higher.

#12: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 am
    —
Needed to trim the bottom of the shins about an 1/8" to get rid of any traces of a return edge, then trimmed the top of the thighs by a 1/4". Made new straps and hung the thighs off a separate belt instead of connecting to the ab plate.

I have submitted and been accepted into the 501st!

TK 19688 has been activated!

#13: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: whtknghtLocation: Willamette Valley, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:14 am
    —
Good job and congrats on being activated

#14: No icon Re: Anovos TK Armor Build Author: Rothgar68 PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:07 am
    —
Thanks!

Blaster Builders Club -> Models & Armor

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1